Monday, January 15, 2007

Welcome!

Greetings all!

Today seemed like a fitting day to start my Appalachian Trail thru-hike blog. As of today, two of my best friends (Bush and Jared) have left Glastonbury, and most of my American University friends are back at school getting ready to start a new semester. So basically, this is the point at which my path through this year diverts from the usual and becomes a little more unpredictable.

For those of you who don't know, here's the plan: I have filed a leave of absence for the Spring 2007 and (tentatively) the Fall of 2007 semesters from AU. Right now, I'm living at home in Glastonbury, CT, and working full time restoring the 1900 Victorian home my parents are looking to move into in the next year or so. Once April and fair skies come along, I am hopping a flight down to Georgia to start the Appalachian Trail at its southern terminus, Mount Springer.

From then on, it's a 2,162 mile trek north to Mount Katahdin, Maine.

Stay tuned for updates as I finalize my preparations!

Looking forward to the trail!!

No comments: